Through these resources and activities students will be able to identify the location of the Galapagos Islands; understand the history of the Galapagos giant tortoise, and understand why its population is in decline.
- Students research topics (30mins)
- Students complete the online quiz (10mins)
- Download the lesson plan in a PDF here or a Word document here. The lesson plan can also be viewed in your browser here.
- Download the Galapagos giant tortoise factsheet here.
- Download the Islands factsheet here.
- The Galapagos giant tortoise chapter on Discovering Galapagos
- The Galapagos giant tortoise quiz on Discovering Galapagos
Previous: Discovering Galapagos at London Zoo – Introduction
Next: Discovering Galapagos at London Zoo – Science in the Field